» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Barrett Jackson Auction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barrett Jackson Auction

Post by Steve on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 am

I was just watching and a 1970 Trans AM Ram Air III just sold for $35,000. White exterior with a black interior and column shifted automatic.
Steve

http://tran-zam.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Barrett Jackson Auction

Post by Brother Al on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am

Its crazy how these cars are still fetching prices like that... but only at the big auction houses... couplereally nice SD455 cars on ebay right now... both are up there, but priced fairly for what they are IMHO. The Formy SD455 is my choice of the two...

1984 Y84 Trans Am S/E "Recaro Edition" L69 H.O., T-5, 3:73, G80, 54K orig miles
Prius, Proof that people will buy Anything, (Baaaa Baaa)
All the Answers to our Problems can be found in the Boneyard!
God Bless America & those who serve & have served our Country!
Brother Al

http://www.necamaro-firebird.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Steve,

Barrett-Jackson is not the 'real world'. A 1970 Trans AM Ram Air III is $64,995 on eBay.
A driver can be purchased for much less.

As far as those over inflated prices on eBay for the Super Duty cars.... I have seen these for sale for many months now at a Buy it Now price in the range of $60,000 or at a very high opening bid.

Please tell me when the last time one of these cars actually sold?

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I think $64,995 is an "asking" price as I haven't seen Ram Air III cars going that high anywhere. Usually the would be in the $29,000 at the low end. I would guess $35,000 in around average.

Those Super Duty Formula's have been on Ebay for over a year now. The first time I saw the silver '73 was in April 2011 when it appeared on Ebay. I think they were trying to get $99,900 out of it. I first saw the '74 Super Duty Formula on Ebay in February of 2012. I don't recall what they wanted for money. As rare as these Formula's are people assume these should be worth more than a Super Duty Trans Am but this is not the case. rarity does not necessarily increase desirability.

The real disappointment at BJ was in the 1980 Indy Pace Car Trans Am. This "actual" festival car with a two year old frame off resto only went for $12,000. That was less than mine was. Pontiac delivered 50 of the cars for VIP use during the Indy Race in 1980 so the fact that it was a "festival" car really does not make it worth more in my eyes. The real pacers would be but unless someone really cool drove one of the festival cars who cares.

A W72/WS6 Martinique blue with 69,000 miles pulled down $15,900, a '76 TA with 400 only $9075, a '79 Atlantis Blue with 403 and 20k miles pulled in a strong $20,900 for a driver, and weirdly a silver '79 with orange decals (I always thought this was the least desirable color combo for that year) brought $22,000, but was equipped with the W72 400 and T-Tops.

One '78 hardtop in SE trim went for $26,400 in semi-restored condition. Bandits are still king of the money.

The prices don't seem to be sky high at Barrett Jackson. They really aren't bringing super-unrealistic prices anymore.
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Al on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:03 pm

"The real disappointment at BJ was in the 1980 Indy Pace Car Trans Am. This "actual" festival car with a two year old frame off resto only went for $12,000."

I saw that in a thread on another site I frequent.. that is rediculous, but "people" still hate the original Turbo T/As... thankfully that seems to be changing. I know several people that have bought them and have discovered that they are no where as bad as people claimed them to be. One guy is actually going to try and race his. he is networking with that guy that races a 4th Gen that has a heavily race-prepped T301 in it.

For an authentic Festival car with a full resto to go for $12K? Well, someone got one hell of a buy! IMHO

I recently got into a bidding war on ebay for a complete T301 induction/turbo/exhaust set-up.. I lost, but I am still looking. I also saw a NOS crate T301 Block on Ebay in Florida.. I wanted to bid, but the wife said NO! because I had to drive to Florida to get it... *Sigh*

I have a project in mind that I have wanted to do for quite some time. I have since found that it has been done at least once... outside of Pontiac.
I want to build the car that Pontiac intended to build, complete with the über-rare RPO T45 Aluminum Turbo Hood and some bits that Ive aquired, which Pontiac intended to go on the '82 T/A, but changed in favor of the "Aerodynamics" aspect that they heavily invested into the design.

1982 Turbo Trans Am S/E 4.9L

Brother Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 am

That would be really cool, and '82 with the Pontiac Turbo. I haven't heard of the Aluminum Hood for the '82. Was it similar to the standard TA hood?
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 am

Here we go, today an '81 Turbo in Maroon got $15980. i guess the festival aspect of the Pace Car had no bearing on value. It must have had some serious flaws.
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Al on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 am

Yes Pontiac made the RPO T45 turbo hood in aluminum RPO T46 Steel, both as a $$ option... pretty rare... early. '83 Pontiac cancelled option, but sold them over the counter... in 91 pontiac gave the entie inventory to SLP... they were used on the 91/92 Firehawks... after '92 the whole pile went MIA....
They do turn occasionally... a lot got/get crushed and folks dont even realize what they chuck... they also had special lighter duty hood struts... there was one just recently on Ebay... I spoke w/ the owner on another forum... he started at 3500, I and several others told him he was nuts.. dropped to 1500... ebay war ensued... I think it topped 2500 when it ended... thats about where they usually sell too. I had one bought out from under me... I was sooooo bent... guy in carolinas had one for $300 with a dent... long story... anyway... yeah, they are usually dented so folks chuck em without realizing.

Brother Al

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top