» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year ... Looking forward for 2013.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year ... Looking forward for 2013.

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all the Firebird guys. Yes... We are all well and still active here in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

The Pontiac Firebird is alive and well. We have just been very busy.

Although I have not logged in this site since the end of August, I usually check the site offline daily. Most of the Firebird guys have been fairly quiet here. There has not been much going on. Has everyone just been too busy? Have you been spending time on other Firebird sites?

2012 has been a busy year for car shows, car cruises and car events. Being a member of two car clubs I attend at least three cruise nights a week. The Panera Bread Firebird Cruise night in Newington Connecticut that is hosted by the Charter Oak Firebird Club has been growing every month. This past 2012 the Firebird Cruise Night has drawn several hundred cars on a Saturday night.

For those of you who are looking for DJs that specialize in Car Shows and Oldies Shows, my son and I have expanded our DJ events. We are regular DJs at the Yesteryear Car Cruise … we play everything… the 50s, the 60s, the 70s and the 80s. We have old time radio commercials, your favorite television commercials and hundreds of car commercials from the 1950s to the 1980s. We hosted the 2012 New England Buick Car Show and were so popular we are back for 2013. The Buick Grand National guys requested their theme song “Bad to the Bone” by George Thorogood when they drove in as a caravan into the show as an entrance song…lol

As for my Firebirds, I have been working on my carb issues with my 1969 Firebird. I brought the car to one of our club members who owns a garage and is an expert on carb rebuilds. He rebuilt my carb and tuned it correctly for OEM operation. The car runs great now.

My second gen 1978 Trans Am has seen a few car cruises this past year, usually at Ocean Beach Oldies Car Cruise night.

My 1987 Trans Am GTA has been on the road the most this year. The third gen Trans Ams have been getting noticed quite a bit from the general public. I predict the prices and popularity of third gen cars will rise in 2013.

We are looking forward to an active and fun 2013. Hope to have some fun times with everyone next year. Happy New Year.

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top