» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Less is More: Cruising Smarter but Not Cruising Less!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Less is More: Cruising Smarter but Not Cruising Less!

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 pm

I hope everyone is enjoying their cars this summer... I know I am having a great time driving all three of mine. My 1969 Pontiac Firebird convertible has been on the road the most this year, followed by my 1978 Pontiac Trans Am and my 1987 Trans Am GTA.

Most of the cruises and shows are local or regional with an average of 100 cars in attendance.
I have been attending car cruises and car shows on the average of two or three per week!

Compared to last year, I have been been much more actively cruising to car cruises and driving to car shows.

However I have changed the way I attend car cruises and car shows.

I have been more frugal with my money this year with premium gas prices around $4.29 per gallon, this forces me to travel not as far.

So I no longer drive my Firebirds to the Large Pontiac and GM Shows that are 200 - 300 miles away. These expensive shows require $275 in hotel costs, $100 in meals, $125 in fuel and another $50 in entertainment costs.

So the $500 weekend car shows are no longer on my radar screen... instead I would rather attend ten regional or local shows for $50 each and have 10 times more Firebird experiences.

But that does not mean that I only go 50 miles or less....just changing what I do.
So I will be going to the GM Nationals at Carlisle this weekend for an exciting show but WITHOUT my Firebird. I am carpooling with another car nut and we are going in a Honda Civic that gets 40 miles per gallon...lol. We are sharing a motel room and will eat at fast food places to keep the costs down below $100 for the entire trip!

Carlisle will be exciting and we will be meeting some friends at the show. Maybe we can score that elusive Trans Am at the all GM car corral that is selling below Kelly Blue Book...lol

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Less is More: Cruising Smarter but Not Cruising Less!

Post by mr71transam on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Larry I'm glad you have been able to get in a lot of cruising in so far the season. It would be Great if you not only post up pictures but also provide a little commentary on the cruises.

Founder
Founder

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top