» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Barberino Pontiac Show 05-22-11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barberino Pontiac Show 05-22-11

Post by hdebo on Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Good turnout of Pontiac's and plenty of Birds for a rain date. Few awards to club members and Charter Oak Firebird won participation trophy.

hdebo

Back to top Go down

Re: Barberino Pontiac Show 05-22-11

Post by mr71transam on Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Harry thanks for posting the pictures. It does look like a good turnout and the new location looks nice too.

Congratulations to the Club members who won trophies.
Max H, 1st Place, 1967 – 1982 Firebirds Stock Class
Harry D, 2nd Place, 1969 – 1981 Trans Am Stock Class
Joe H, 1st Place, 1982 – 2002 Trans Am Stock Class
Fil F, 2nd Place, 1982 - 2002 Trans Am Stock Class
Richard B, 1st Place, Trans Am Modified Class
Brad B, 3rd Place, Firebird Modified Class

Last edited by mr71transam on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Founder
Founder

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exitoffnine on Mon May 23, 2011 10:30 am

Good pix Harry - thanks.

My daughter and I enjoyed the afternoon. Might have been a day to stay home though....

1. Pulled over on the way to the show - proof positive that 4/5 officers surveyed don't know about the Year of Manufacture Plate statute in CT - let go with a "sweet car" after registration showed.

2. Upper radiator hose blew off at show after I parked it - reattached and tightened (with stubby screwdriver borrowed at show) - travel tool box left on garage floor in place "I wouldn't forget it"

3. Left the show early to allow plenty of time to get to soccer game I needed to coach for my daughter - Made it to the end of North Plains Industrial Park Road where, you guessed it, hose blew off while running - POW!

4. Great guy in a F350 pulled up, said "love the car" and gave me a solid flat head screwdriver to keep - told me it was his act of good karma. Hooked up and headed out (mind you my wife wasn't picking up her cell when I was calling her to bring me the tool box - don't you love cell phones that people don't answer?). Another good sam in a dump truck ran across traffic to bring me a gallon of water. Made it about 1/3 mile when temp started to PEG - got to about 280 in thirty seconds. Shut her down and rolled into back alley of Stop and Shop. where she was steaming. Turns out I lost alot more fluid then I thought.

5. Wife finally calls back - she was in driveway at home whole time vacuuming her van - middle son didn't know she was home - don't you love video games?

6. Wife brings me new hose and tool kit (old hose was warped). Daughter gets distilled water from Stop and Shop. On road 45 minutes later and car runs about 130 all the way home. 4 hours last night hosing off all remnants of coolant (friggin everywhere) and reapplying some wax to painted surfaces.

7. So much for a relaxing day - but my daughter an I have some stories now!!

Dave (76 bird)

exitoffnine

Back to top Go down

Post by hdebo on Mon May 23, 2011 7:22 pm

exitoffnine wrote:Good pix Harry - thanks.

My daughter and I enjoyed the afternoon. Might have been a day to stay home though....

1. Pulled over on the way to the show - proof positive that 4/5 officers surveyed don't know about the Year of Manufacture Plate statute in CT - let go with a "sweet car" after registration showed.

2. Upper radiator hose blew off at show after I parked it - reattached and tightened (with stubby screwdriver borrowed at show) - travel tool box left on garage floor in place "I wouldn't forget it"

3. Left the show early to allow plenty of time to get to soccer game I needed to coach for my daughter - Made it to the end of North Plains Industrial Park Road where, you guessed it, hose blew off while running - POW!

4. Great guy in a F350 pulled up, said "love the car" and gave me a solid flat head screwdriver to keep - told me it was his act of good karma. Hooked up and headed out (mind you my wife wasn't picking up her cell when I was calling her to bring me the tool box - don't you love cell phones that people don't answer?). Another good sam in a dump truck ran across traffic to bring me a gallon of water. Made it about 1/3 mile when temp started to PEG - got to about 280 in thirty seconds. Shut her down and rolled into back alley of Stop and Shop. where she was steaming. Turns out I lost alot more fluid then I thought.

5. Wife finally calls back - she was in driveway at home whole time vacuuming her van - middle son didn't know she was home - don't you love video games?

6. Wife brings me new hose and tool kit (old hose was warped). Daughter gets distilled water from Stop and Shop. On road 45 minutes later and car runs about 130 all the way home. 4 hours last night hosing off all remnants of coolant (friggin everywhere) and reapplying some wax to painted surfaces.

7. So much for a relaxing day - but my daughter an I have some stories now!!

Dave (76 bird)

That is a story you and your daughter will not forget. I was parked next to you in the 79 Solar Gold Trans Am. I wish I knew you were on our forum. To add to your story it is too bad you left as you were tied for third place. I would have grabbed the trophy for you if I knew. Hope you get the car running again and you get to bring it to Panera Cruise. You have a stunning 76 and would love to see you and your car again soon.
hdebo

Back to top Go down

Post by exitoffnine on Tue May 24, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks, car is running fine and ran nice and cool the rest of the way home. I make Panera cruises about 1/3 of the time - used to go in my thirdgens but took the 76 once or twice last year. Want to do a radiator flush to get the straight water out before I drive it too much but will make Panera soon!

exitoffnine

Back to top Go down

Post by birdman on Tue May 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Exellent Pictures Harry sorry to hear about your bird. Joe H.

birdman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Wed May 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Nice show. I am really sorry I missed it. Looks like there were a couple of new cars there. My car is still not ready. Work has been killing me. I went in at 8:30 Friday morning and left at 3:30 Sunday morning. Then back for 10am. I am at work now as a matter of fact.

I am hoping to get it together for the Agawam show.
Steve

http://tran-zam.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mr71transam on Wed May 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Man I understand how work can get in the way of Important things, like cruising. In the last four weeks I put in 72 hours of uncompensated over time.

Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Thu May 26, 2011 3:47 am

Thanks for posting up the photos. I see a lot a familiar cars. Who owns the 1969 Firebird with the modified Trans Am hood?
I would have showed up on the original date but it got rained out.

Looks like Steve and Rick are workaholics too.

Now don't complain, I am working too... just a tad longer commute...4,000 miles...lol

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnA. on Fri May 27, 2011 10:54 pm

Larry that 69 bird belongs to Jerry R. he is from wallingford my company and his company do alot of buisness together i`ve known him for 7 years and heard about this car for the last 5.According to him he bought the hood and the rims on e-bay and Barberino`s body shop did the paint job on it he also has ghost stripes on it i`m trying to recruit him i see him at least once a week buisness wise he says he`ll be at the June 4 Panera cruise with the car.

JohnA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Sat May 28, 2011 11:28 am

Wow Rick. Things have been so bad at work lately (with the technology) that I almost think it is some Taliban plot.
Steve

http://tran-zam.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top