» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

My Father always said "Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Father always said "Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah... my father was a wise man and kept his cars until they no longer ran. He had a 1954 Hudson that he kept until 1968 and a 1961 Chevy Impala until 1973.

He always said "Never fix it if it ain't broke. You don't want to disturb something that runs well and need to repair to get it running again".

Of course I did not listen to him and I used to take apart my Dodge to replace something, then I would break something, then I would fix that, then I would mis allign something, then I would straighten it out...lol.

Fortunately all three of my cars are running this spring... first time in years. Why? I listened to my father for once.

Because I have been working most weekends and have been working out of town during the week. I haven't had any time to take something apart and break it...lol

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Father always said "Don't fix it if it ain't broke."

Post by mr71transam on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Larry now that All of your Birds are running. What's the chance that you will make it the The Lawn Show this Year???

Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 am

Rick,

Good question but very easy to answer. I was talking to quite a few Firebird guys and they all are trying to cut back on travel due to $4.25 per gallon gas prices and long distances to shows. Many of these guys have very nice Firebirds but they are drivers... not show cars. I talked to Brad at the last club meeting and he said he was worried about spending $400 on any car show weekend. It is a bad economy and a lot of the Firebird guys are picking shows that are closer and one day venues and less costly. The fact is that it is an expensive three day weekend... two hotel nights, food, entry fees, gas, registration, charitable donations, entertainment, etc....

Last year I decided not to go for the one make up day on the Sunday rain date because I had to drive to Philadelphia for work the next day. I didn't go at all and lost my hotel deposit. My cars are drivers... they are not show cars. If I do attend the lawn show this year, I would not enter my car for judging, just as an exhibiter.

I hope that the lawn show is very successful this year and raises a lot of huge amount of money for Tom's Charity. I hope that you guys have a dry, sunny weekend.

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top