» PVFA upcoming events
Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:45 am by TA78

» Car Show August 3 Raynham MA
Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:55 pm by BanditRich

» Pioneer Valley Firebirds Events 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm by Steve

» 7th ANNUAL NECF POTLUCK COOKOUT, Sunday, June 15, 2014
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 pm by The Firebird

» PVGTOA 16th Annual Show 6/1 Agawam Mass.
Wed May 28, 2014 6:13 pm by TA78

» '84 Recaro T/A, 5 speed, uber-rare Y81 Ttop-Delete, $1950
Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm by The Firebird

» Dream Car Sprint
Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm by Steve

» Grease Monkey Garage
Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm by tajoe

National Firebird & Trans Am Club

Charter Oak Firebird’s Club Web Site
Firebird Nation of North America's Club Web Site.

Pioneer Valley Firebird Assn Web Site
Massachusetts Firebird Car Club

Buy 'Em All

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buy 'Em All

Post by Steve on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm

I was bored with Barret Jackson because they rarely show Firebirds and I went on E-Bay. You know, I really get Martin's strategy because the hunt for a good car is alot of fun. I want to buy them all. There is a yellow Formula out there with TA spoilers that looks really cool. I want it. I want a '76 LE with a 455 and hood scoops. I would love ablue 70-72 and a red '73 Super Duty. You know what I really want, a yellow or orange '81. I'd like a red '79 Formula with a 400 and T-Tops.

Essentially I want to buy them all. Too bad, I'm in the computer business but I seem to have no vision. I heard these guys who invented Groupon turned down a buy out offer for $6 billion. This Facebook thing, geez, who woulda thunk. I never would have believed you could get so wealthy just letting people post what they are doing right now. What's the enxt big idea for the internet? I want to make a billion so I can buy one of each Firebird.
Steve

http://tran-zam.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Buy 'Em All

Post by 69_RAG_TOP on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Steve,

Barrett Jackson was not too interesting. Same roll out of typical muscle cars every year. I watched the Mecum Auction and it was better... affordable cars...they even had a 1991 Pontiac Trans Am with 12,000 miles.

Funny stuff...let's see... just come up with something useless that is addicting and it will make money. Just like Facebook ... lol

In the United States we do not manufacture anything anymore. China and India do. In the USA we do not create products, we really produce nothing of substance.

Instead we provide services, jobs and businesses that provide something for other people but do not produce tangible goods, e.g. banking and insurance, government, internet, web based systems, financial services that make money.

Look at the top stocks in 2000 ... AOL, CNET, Boo, Excite, Google, Yahoo, Broadband, Zap, Flooz, Amazon, Oracle, Cisco, Cyberian

If you probably don't remember half of these is because they were part of the stock market dot.com collapse in 2000. These companies produced very liitle and were essentially worthless in a little over a year.

Only a few survived and remain today. If you were one of the unfortunate souls who bought stock in some of these companies you lost everything.

So come up with something useless that is addicting and produces nothing of any value. Sell it while it is on its way up and get the hell out before everyone finds out it is crap.

Take the money and go on eBay where you can buy the following:

1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am coupe $89,900

1974 Pontiac Trans Am SD 455 Frame Up Restored #s Match 1974 Pontiac Trans Am SD 455 $89,900
1979 Pontiac Trans Am 1979 Pontiac Trans AM aka "The Bandit"- Collectable $55,000

1973 Pontiac Trans Am #s Match 455, Window Sticker, PHS Documented, Nice Car $34,995

1970 1/2 Pontiac Trans Am-Only 57,525 miles $62,500

2002 Pontiac Firebird RAM AIR TRANS AM WS6 RAM AIR 1 OWNER LEATHER MANUAL LOW MILES! $21,995

So I can spend $264,500 and buy some toys for my garage and some eye candy for my friends.

The Pontiac Banshee is for sale at Napoli Motors in Milford CT and I believe it is selling for $1,200,000. I do not think that that prototype is even driveable...lol

Get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure. And whatever comes our way. 1978 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, W72 Engine. bored .030 over Coded WC, 4-speed, Forged rods, pistons, 6X Heads Hays performance clutch, Flowmaster 40 Series 3" stainless dual exhaust, Hooker super competition, Ceramic coated long tube headers, 4 core HD radiator, Edelbrock Performer Series Carb
69_RAG_TOP
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Something that produces no value? Hmm, maybe I can start my own Congress or Federal Reserve.
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mr71transam on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm

What Channel is Mecum Auction on? Do you have a schedule?

Founder
Founder

http://www.charteroakbirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 am

I like Mecum a lot better. The Barrett Jackson auction seems greedier to me. BJ seems to have lost the multi-million dollar cars in the past couple of years but still gets the perfectly restored or modified cars. Shiney paint jobs up the ying yang.

I saw Reggie Jackson is consigning his Ferrari Daytona Spyder to RM. That car is over $1 mil. This year Mecum had Harley Earl's personal corvette and some serious Cobra race cars. The big money cars seem to be avoiding Barrett Jackson.
Steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum